Boston, Massachusetts

Thursday, October 4, 2012

The Haunted Hay RIde


Authors Note: I will be informing you about the time me and family went to a Haunted Hay Ride.

To begin with my legs were shaking, my breathing was rapid, and not to mention my heart was racing as fast as the speed of light. Why was I so nervous? I've  been to plenty of haunted attractions before, why should this one be any different? It might have been the fact that all the people leaving had a weird look on their faces. Even though I was nervous I was sure it was going to be a fun filled ride.

While conquering my nerves about the ride I could sense that my sister Jess was also nervous. Jess, my mom, my aunt, and I had time to spare before our ride departed. In the mean time we decided to take a visit to the miniature sized petting zoo they had. There was a wide variety of animals varying from a horse to a donkey. On the other hand there was a creepy person walking around with a red mask on. The mystery person would come up to you and look straight into your eyes. It was finally our turn for the haunted hay ride.

Once you take your seat on the gigantic wagon you feel like there’s no going back. We headed down a path along the edge of the woods. The first thing I noticed when we entered the woods was a suspicious noise coming from one of the bushes up ahead. When we made it to the bush a guy dressed up as Freddy Krueger jumped out.Ahh!!, screamed basically everyone on board. Out of nowhere another dressed up person jumped onto the back of the wagon which scared everyone on board half to death. The ride only got scarier!

As the ride continued the scenery got more intense. There was one area with a ton of dead baby dolls. That made a chill go up your spine. You could easily drown out all the silence with all the constant screams from some of the younger girls. My favorite part of the whole ride was when a person randomly flew over our heads on a zip-line. The last thing that happened on the ride in the woods is when our ride ‘’randomly’’ broke down. Then for the last time some more characters jumped on board. You could tell that it was part of the ride. Finally when we left the woods our ride went back down the straightaway to the starting point.

I’m so glad I went to the Haunted Hay Ride. Conquering your nerves is the hardest part, but once you do it the ride becomes a whole lot more fun. I’ll never forget that moment when that guy magnificently flew over our heads on the zip-line. 

No comments:

Post a Comment