Boston, Massachusetts

Friday, November 30, 2012

"The Lightning Thief" Prediction piece

Authors Note: I am going to be explaining my prediction for the book "The Lightning Thief"


Percy Jackson didn't think his life could get any harder. That was before he he got put on a quest to find the Greek God Zeus' master bolt. The main problem is the fact that Percy and his friends, Annabeth and Grover, need to get to the Underworld within 10 days. They have a lot of problems they will have to face. My prediction is that Hades, Zeus'brother, took the master bolt. 

I could see Hades taking the master bolt due to the fact that he would probably want to start a war. Hades would want to start a war to get revenge on his fellow gods for sending him to the underworld. The thing that makes me think this is when Percy Jackson got his prophecy. His prophecy said that he would fail to save what matters most. I think that it means the master bolt. Hades plays into this role considering he only gets to go to the home of the gods twice a year. This would make him anxious to steal the bolt.

While Hades want to start a war; there could also be another reason he would steal the bolt. That reason would be to help regain the Titan god, Kronos, from his death. He might do this to try and get power. I think that Hades might do this referring to the part when Percy had his weird dreams. In his dreams was a deep voice talking to someone next to him about destroying the gods. I think the person Kronos was talking to would be Hades due to to all my background information.

The prediction I made for the book '' The Lightning Thief'' is similar to the prediction I made in ''The Vipers Nest". The thing they have in common the most is the fact that both of them have someone who got accused of stealing something. For '' The Vipers Nest'' I predicted that one of the characters stole something from Dan, the main character. This is similar to my prediction that Hades stole the Master Bolt. 

My prediction that the Master Bolt was stolen by Hades was a good prediction due to all the background information. The main event which made me think Hades stole the master Bolt is when he got banished to the underworld. I had to figure that he would want revenge on his brothers for doing such a thing. My final conclusion about Hades would still have to be that he stole the master bolt.





No comments:

Post a Comment